Saturday, September 7, 2013

2013.... The Year I'll Never Forget


As I write this, Nat King Cole's "Unforgettable" begins to play on my Pandora playlist. It's been that kind of year for me. I sum up 2013 as the Unforgettable year in my life. A year that I will never forget. We'll how do I start... Those of you that are close to me know that a roller coaster of different events have occurred in my life. From my move to our new home (which I will definitely be giving you a glimpse of soon), to my Sponsorship with Scivation, to opening up my Personal Training business, Sierra Performance LLC, to the most important of them all, me and my wife's pregnancy with TWINS!!! Yes I said it TWINS!!! I still can't believe it myself. Oh last but not least my contest prep for late September for the chase of my natural Pro Card. Crazy year huh!? Yeah I know, you don't have to tell me, I have been living it everyday.

I had to get back to my roots of writing. My heart is busting with so much to say that I won't be able to say it all in this post but I want to let you know that I have not forgotten you guys.

So yeah... I'm having twins. Many times during this pregnancy my wife and I have just been speechless just thinking about it. Not knowing what to expect. Sometimes even afraid. We know that are lives will change (actually already changing) but we embrace the change. ..."God will never give us anything that we can't handle..". That has been the one verse that has given us strength throughout this time. We keep reminding ourselves that there is purpose behind everything, so we are preparing each day mentally, physically, emotionally, financially, etc. But no matter how much we do, HE can always do more!

Aside from that I am currently 3 weeks out from my first Bodybuilding Show of the year, NGA Champions and Challengers in Tampa, Florida. Super excited and super nervous. I haven't stepped on stage since May of 2012 but I believe that I am ready physically. The biggest battle in this prep has been more mental than physical, which has been a first for me. Up to July 4th I wasn't 100% sure if I was going to compete. I felt overwhelmed with everything around me that I was facing plus I didn't know if I could continue prep with my wife being pregnant and also I didn't want her pregnancy to be about me but about her and the babies. So I battled with that for a while. I still followed the diet and training to the T, but I wasn't mentally there until I good friend of mine John Pineda walked into LA Fitness during one of my leg session and pretty much motivated the crap out of me to GET IT DONE! He basically said "Johnny, this has been your goal since last year, if you don't accomplish it, you won't feel accomplished and you will have the WHAT IF questions lingering in your mind". He was right and him saying that really rekindled that fire and pretty much cut off all doubt and from there on I have been full rootlet towards the finish line.

I could sit here and right so much but I will take things piece by piece. I hope you can find motivation, reassurance, etc through my experiences in my life (especially this year). I hope to continue writing more and getting this blog more finalized. Thank you for reading and support. God Bless.



Fuego
Team Sierra Performance

0 comments:

Post a Comment

As you know, I reserve the right to delete comments posted on my site. However, here are the general rules/guidelines for your viewing pleasure:

- No bad or potentially bad language
- No personal jabs or insults
- No other stuff that I would want to delete


Otherwise, write along my friends!