Saturday, July 18, 2009

The Great Debate: KFC or Popeye's













What is going on everyone!

I was checking out my Facebook (like I do everyday! Who doesn't?) and my friend posted this up in his status, "Just finished eating some Popeye's chicken. Simply amazing every time I eat some. KFC can never ever touch Popeye's,yeah I said it,and what?" My first response was, "Did he just say that Popeye's is better than KFC?"
Which now has lead me on this Great Debate: KFC or Popeye's
.

I have had many memories of both places. I remember living up the block to a Popeye's. My father would come home from work with that crispy hot chicken, mashed potatoes, biscuits, etc. And let me tell you it was baggin'. I could say that Popeye's really has a unique style and taste buuuuuut nothing and I say nothing comes close to KFC! Yes I said it!

I have been a KFC guy for a long time. Yes I can admit that I haven't had Popeye's in a while, but nothing makes my mouth water like KFC. There is something about there commercials, that brings that craving to me. Seriously, I could be stuffed from a previous meal and when a KFC commercial comes on, my stomach opens up again.
Other than there incredible chicken, they have the best mashed potatoes, coleslaw, and biscuits period. And don't let me get into there individual meals, like the snacker chicken sandwich, or there mashed potato bowl!

So the Great Debate stands: KFC or Popeyes?

Which one do you choose? and why?

Tell us about your memories of KFC, Popeye's or both.



Fuego