Thursday, January 27, 2011

Beach Body: Series 1: Part 12



Fuego here for another Beach Body edition. So, how are liking it so far? Helpful?
If this is your first time checking out the Beach Body series, then click here to start from the beginning, but catch up!


Any suggestions or things you would like to see on this Series? Send me feedback
(I will be putting some spice on this Beach Body Series for you guys soon, so please stay tune. I think you are going to like this!)

Anyways, here was the agenda this morning:



Light (Walking) to Medium (Jogging) Cardio/Stretch: 13min.
Light, meaning that I began by walking then half way began to perform a light jog to warm up the muscles and get good blood flow through out my body. Great before a workout

Abdominals: 15-20min.
  • Superset: Jack Knife Maneuver w/ Bicycle Crunches: 3sets/15-20x
(I will be doing some more abs exercises soon. I personally don't think this enough for what I am trying to achieve)
Today was let day so we'll begin with Quads.

Quadriceps:
  • Superset: Barbell Squats w/ One Legged Machine Squats: 3sets/10-15x
  • Superset: Hip Flexion w/ Resistant Band Squats: 3sets/10-15x
  • Leg Extensions: 3sets/8-12x
Hamstrings:
  • Hack Machine Squat w/ Cable Kickbacks: 3sets/10-12x
Calves:
  • Standing Smith Machine Calf Raises: 3sets/8-10x
  • One leg Dumbbell Calf Raises: 3sets/8-10x
Biceps:
(I went light with the Bi's. I like to mix in a least one upper body muscle along w/ my legs. Yeah I'm crazy!)
  • Superset: Resistant Band Curls w/ Alternating dumbbell Hammer Curls: 3sets/10-12x
Light Cardio - 13min.

You might be asking, WHAT IS A SUPERSET?
  • Super setting is an advanced training method in which you do two exercises, one after the other, with no rest in between. The exercises can be for the same muscle group or two different muscle groups, depending on your goals. The idea is to do one exercise and, instead of resting and doing another set, doing a different exercise and alternating those exercises for your desired number of sets.


Super happy with my workout this morning. Some of the Workout that I did for my legs and calves, I did without shoes, which helped out a bunch. To me it feels more natural and raw. Plus I have heard good things about working out barefooted so well see, as long as I don't stink up the place I should be fine.

So how is this process going for you? Have you started on your beach body yet?


Fuego

0 comments:

Post a Comment

As you know, I reserve the right to delete comments posted on my site. However, here are the general rules/guidelines for your viewing pleasure:

- No bad or potentially bad language
- No personal jabs or insults
- No other stuff that I would want to delete


Otherwise, write along my friends!