Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Play Ball! Game 1

Baseball the great american sport! What's up everybody! Sorry you haven't heard from me in a couple of days, I've just been a little lazy in blogging! Anyways I didn't get to fully descibe to you my last weekend. Outside of being a worship leader, songwriter, cell group leader, husband, brother, architectural drafter, and blogger, I am a baseball player! I love to play baseball. I love smelling the grass, putting on the uniform and the leather baseball glove, throwing/batting baseballs and getting dirty! I got back into the sport last year and now this is my second straight season playing hard ball. I recommend every worship leader take on a hobby for themselves, outside of minitry, just so that they can get there minds off of the stress that ministry sometimes brings and relax and do something fun and entertaining. That is what I did! and it is great. I get to put my mind on other things other than ministry and have some fun (not that leading worship is not).

Anyways we had our first game of the season last Saturday night and it was awesome.

Here are some pics.

That is me getting ready to smack the ball out of the park (of course I didn't do that) Man I look like a major league baseball player!

This is a wood bat hard ball league, which means that pitches get to the 70-85mph range. Please pray hard for me every Saturday night so that I don't get hit by a pitch and have to miss worship the next day!


Here is me and my brother getting on to the field to play defense! I played shortstop (which usually I play 2nd base) and my brother played left field.Check out our crazy FANatics!

Here is me on the left and my brother Jovanny on the right. We played a hard fought game. We lost 11 to 15 but it was a really good game. If you are a fan of baseball or not you would have been entertained watching this game.

I played pretty good I was 1 for 3 with a strikeout, single, and walk. I am proud of myself. This is what I do in my spare time away from ministry.

So what do you do in your spare time away from worship leading, practices/rehearsals, planning, meetings, etc? Please share

Until next time

Stay blessed!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

As you know, I reserve the right to delete comments posted on my site. However, here are the general rules/guidelines for your viewing pleasure:

- No bad or potentially bad language
- No personal jabs or insults
- No other stuff that I would want to delete


Otherwise, write along my friends!