Thursday, November 13, 2008

Where would you be?



Where would you be? That is the question I ask you. That is the question I asked myself last night as I sat in my office and put aside the busyness of life. Where would I be if it wasn't for Jesus Christ? I wouldn't be where I am at now, married, homeowner, worship leader, cell leader, healthy, happy, at the right church, with the best family and friends. It would be the opposite for me. But as I looked back it has been undeniable that every achievement, every victory, every goal reached, every miracle, every breakthrouh and every blessing was possible because of Jesus.

Romans 5:8-11 But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from wrath through Him.For if when we were enemies we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son,much more, having been reconciled, we shall be saved by His life. And not only that, but we also rejoice in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have now received the reconciliation.

Being a believer means that at some point in your life you needed to be rescued, you needed hope, you needed to be cleaned, you needed to be forgiven, you needed unconditional love,you needed salvation. I know I needed these things and until today I still need them. Think about it, how can we truly reflect back in our lives if nothing better has taken place from then to now. If hope, forgiveness, love, and salvation hasn't caused a change in our lives then what can we possibly reflect back on? There comes a time where every believer must put aside the busyness of there schedule and reflect back (in detail) to what God has done in there life and to see how far they have come. They must be able to see a difference from what they use to be to who they are now. Once that happens, it becomes a fresh revelation that breaks you down and humbles you. Then followed with this sincere and grateful question of, Where would I be? That's what happened to me and that is what can happen to you.

There is no better feeling than to know you are at the right place, time, and doing the right thing in God. If it has been a while since you have sat down in a quiet place and reflected back at all that God has done for you, then it is time that you do that. Let the revelation of God's continued faithfulness and answered promises, cause a sincere gratefullness and humbleness in your life. To know that you have moved forward is to look back and still see your past, but to see behind you and far away.

Where would you be if it wasn't for Jesus?
Share your story!

Until next time
Stay blessed

0 comments:

Post a Comment

As you know, I reserve the right to delete comments posted on my site. However, here are the general rules/guidelines for your viewing pleasure:

- No bad or potentially bad language
- No personal jabs or insults
- No other stuff that I would want to delete


Otherwise, write along my friends!