Monday, January 4, 2010

Fasting 2010 - Day 1



Holla everyone!


Wow, it has been a while since I have blogged. You know how life can get, busy! But I am back and nothing better than to begin my blooging this year on my 21 day fast! Yes, it's that time again! Where did 2009 go? If feels like I just finished my last years fast a week ago! But now I begin my 3rd straight year in the Daniel Fast. What is the Daniel Fast?you might ask, well we have incorporated Pastor Jentenzen Franklin's fasting to our church. To check out the details of this fast check out Jentenzen Franklin.org



As I began this fast I started taking a glance at Pastor Franklin's book titled, "Fasting" and I love what he says in his opening paragraph

"Corporately fasting in January is much the same precept as praying in the morning to establish the will of God for the entire day. I believe that, if we will pray and seek God and give Him our best at the first of the year, He will bless our ENTIRE year! "But seek ye first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you" (Matthew 6:33). "

Isn't that awesome! I makes sense. Just like a farmer plants a small seed, but expects a great harvest, we plant a small seed in the beginning of the year in this fast but expect an amazing harvest the rest of the year.

Well today was smooth (only cause it's the first day) but I found myself munching a lot more than I usually do. Peanuts and Natural blue corn chips. That will pretty much be my munching food for the next 20 days but I will be alright.

Our service tonight was awesome. Pastor spoke a word on Psalms 42 mainly on verse 7. He spoke about a mans need for God and how man has a deep desire to know a higher power (God). And how we should strive to be more united with the Father more than ever. More intimate, more deeper. Worship was great all we did were two songs 1. Blessed be the name, 2. My Soul longs for you, but the presence of God was so heavy in the room. You could feel this peace in the room, something very different from what we are use to. It was such a beautiful experience that I hope will continue throughout this fast.

IN THE START OF THIS NEW YEAR, WHAT ARE YOU AND/OR YOUR CHURCH DOING DIFFERENTLY? (Fasting, New Services, Goals, Strategies, etc) Please feel free to share.

Well I hope that you continue to stay with me in my 21 day Daniel fast journey, as I share with you my heart, day, services, foods, etc.

See you tomorrow



Fuego