Monday, January 24, 2011

The Playoff: Packers NFC Champions! Super Bowl Here we Come!


OMG!!! This was by far the most nerve recking game I have ever watched in my life.


I sum up Green Bay's playoff run like this:

Against Philly: Smart Win
Against Atlanta: Dominating Win
Against Chicago: Ugly Win.

I'm going to be honest this game was ugly and sloppy for both teams. Honestly I expected the Packers to continue there offensive dominance and the first 2 opening drives it looked that way but from there on it was a struggle. Here on some stats:


Offense/Passing/Rushing/Receiving:
Aaron Rodgers - 17/30 for 244 yards 0 TD's and 2 INT's
He did run it in for a touchdown but other than that it was Rodgers best game. I kind of saw a different Rodgers out there than last week. I just felt like he was playing too conservative and didn't want to lose the game for his team. I credit the Bears defense for rattling Rodgers in that way.

James Starks - 22 attempts for 74 yards and 1 TD
I had a feeling Starks was going to get his in this game. He played decent enough to get Chicago's attention defensively. He definitely has helped this team a bunch. It would be really hard if we didn't have a running game coming in to these playoffs and just being a passing team. That would have put a lot of pressure on Rodgers.

Greg Jenning - 8 receptions for 130 yards.
He came to play this game. He was the only one to step up big for us in this game. All the rest of the Packers wide outs seemed to not have shown up for this one. But they did enough to win. I expect a different outcome from our wide outs in this Super Bowl.

Defense:
2 sacks, 3INT's and 2 Forced Fumbles and one of them being a recovery. Great game defensively by the Pack. They pretty much won this game for this team. I am so proud of our defense. At times I was nervous because we took Cutler out of the game but we did not game plan against there 3rd string quarterback so Chicago was able to come back. But in the end Sam Shields gets an interception in our 31 yard line to seal the game and take us to the Super Bowl.

I am so stoked for this game. I can't wait for it! It has been a tremendous year and we deserve to be where we are right now. CAN'T WAIT!!!





Fuego

0 comments:

Post a Comment

As you know, I reserve the right to delete comments posted on my site. However, here are the general rules/guidelines for your viewing pleasure:

- No bad or potentially bad language
- No personal jabs or insults
- No other stuff that I would want to delete


Otherwise, write along my friends!