Thursday, December 11, 2008

Christmas Tradtions

What's up everyone! As you know the holidays are here and Christmas is near. Woohoo! So am left with a question to ask you, What are your Christmas Traditions? What do you or your family do every year during this holiday season?

Here is what I do:
1. We put up the Christmas tree the day after Thanksgiving (which we didn't do!)
2. Write our Christmas list on Thanksgiving as well.
3. Me and my wife buy one ornament that signifies our past year.
4. The family all spends the night at one house on Christmas Eve. (Last year it was my house, this year it is my father-in-laws house)
5. Make cookies on Christmas Eve.
6. We all open gifts together, every individual at a time, so that we can share the joy together.
7. On Christmas day either before or after presents are open, we give thanks to God and just share everything that God has done in our lives.
8. We watch Christmas movies, Christmas Eve and all day Christmas.
9. We have a traditional dinner with the family on Christmas Day!
10. (This is a new one this year) We will be donating money to a foundation/charity/family, but we still don't know yet. Do you know of any good causes/foundations/charities out there that is worth giving every penny too?

There is still more traditions that me and my wife want to bring in, not only for or family now but when we have our kids as well. So, What are your traditions? Share and past the word around maybe there is something you and your family do that I might want to do with my family.

Until next time,
Stay blessed

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Many blessings, two of the many of the Rosario's Christmas traditions, is we decorate a gingerbread house, this year it will be a gingerbread train and we watch The Polar Express, after we decorate our tree. Don't forget, Jesus is the reason for the Season. Be blessed and Merry Christmas to all.

Unknown said...

Awesome sounds like a great tradition!

Anonymous said...

Josh Rivera - well with my parents, we have christmas eve dinner we dress up nice, very good looking :-) then we open our presents at midnight, put music and chill while waiting for midnight, we use to drink coquitos all the way thru since it has been a tradition, but for now on we only drink it virgin.

now that i am married, i have not finalized a tradition for me and my family. since we always go to new york , or port saint lucie or stay in orlando.
what i started doing this year is trying to buy at least 1 ornament to each of my friends Christmas tree, i got a few more people to hit up so i hope i make it.

Unknown said...

Thank you for your ornament is looks great!

Post a Comment

As you know, I reserve the right to delete comments posted on my site. However, here are the general rules/guidelines for your viewing pleasure:

- No bad or potentially bad language
- No personal jabs or insults
- No other stuff that I would want to delete


Otherwise, write along my friends!