Sunday, December 14, 2008

Sunday Setlist

What's up everyone! Welcome to the Life of a Worshiper. I am excited to be sharing with you my Sunday Setlist which is hosted by Fred McKinnon and other worshipers at Fred McKinnon.Com. I don't know about you but over here at the Potter's House Christian church in Orlando, FL, God is moving in different ways. The atmosphere is so different but special and something that I do not want to push away or hinder. Has that been happening in your services?

Today's morning service was so special. Like I said earlier the atmosphere was so different. I don't know how to say it but it was so easy to lead worship today. Have you ever that way? That you hardly needed to do anything because the spirit of God was moving so amazingly. That is how it was this morning. Here is a video below that will show you a bit of what went on.


Sunday Morning Service 10-14-08 from Johnny Sierra on Vimeo.

I lead at the keys today, which for some reason I was really nervous doing. We had our new guitarist start with us today. He's name is Stephen. He did really good and if he continues to practice hard, the sky is the limit for him. Here is our setlist:

1. I am Free (Michael Gungor) - D
I think this was the perfect song to start our service. It really sparked the congregation.

2. Beautiful One (Jeremy Camp) - G
Great and easy song! It really flowed with I am Free.

3. My Soul longs for you (Misty Edwards) - Bm
Wow! Let me tell you that this song is awesome. We did it on Friday and had to do it again this morning. It is so powerful. The Spirit of God really took control of the atmosphere.

4. Mighty to Save (Hillsong United) - D
This song sealed it for us. It put the cherry on top. We also did this song on Friday but decided to do it again. Anybody that has done this song knows that the chorus of this song is powerful.

5. Rejoice (Israel Houghton) - E
Great song! Simple but the words are powerful.

Our Pastor brought a great word this morning and had me stay at the keys. Before the calling came God was togging on my heart to prepare to sing "How Great is our God" and we did. Our Pastor made the altar call and we began singing this song. This was the perfect song for what took place at that altar, at that moment. It surely was a beautiful moment in the presence of God.

How was your Sunday Service?

Please share

P.S. Don't forget that I am hosting here at "The Life of a Worshiper" a similar post/thread titled "Youth Group Nation". It is inpired by Fred McKinnon's Sunday Setlist but goes in depth into our youth group services. If you lead your youth group worship services than this is the place to come on Friday night's. If you want to find out more click on this link and participate in "Youth Group Nation". http://johnnysierra.blogspot.com/2008/12/youth-group-nation.html

6 comments:

Jim Drake said...

do you normally lead from keys? I do--it's just second nature to me.

Gary Durbin said...

it's great when people come ready. cool.

Anonymous said...

Great Set List!

Misty Edwards! yes!

I need to look at Rejoice, we do You Are Good, Say So, Not Forgotten, I Know Who I Am, but haven't ever looked seriously at Rejoice. I've heard it a few times live and it rocks!

Steff said...

Nice Set! I like "Beautiful One".

Anonymous said...

Good Set! We did "Mighty to Save" as well, great song!!! Thanks for the comment.

Michelle Weger said...

Ah! Great set, I love all of those!! I need to dust off Rejoice- although I think it might culture shock our congregation here... :)

Post a Comment

As you know, I reserve the right to delete comments posted on my site. However, here are the general rules/guidelines for your viewing pleasure:

- No bad or potentially bad language
- No personal jabs or insults
- No other stuff that I would want to delete


Otherwise, write along my friends!