Sunday, December 7, 2008

Sunday Setlist

What up everyone! Hope you've enjoyed your weekend. Mine has been great and full of great worship. This setlist is a part of Fred McKinnon's "Sunday Setlist". Check out what other worship leaders and services are doing across the country. Also don't forget that I am hosting "Youth Group Nation" under the inspiration of "Sunday Setlist" at FredMckinnon.com. This is a weekly Friday post, where you get to share how your youth service went, your worship setlist, etc. To check out the details of my youth service check this link out and be a part of it. http://johnnysierra.blogspot.com/2008/12/youth-group-friday.html

Please share and spread the word!

Anyways (sorry for the advertisement!) here is my worship setlist that I lead at The Potter's House in beautiful Orlando, FL :

1. I know who I am (Israel Houghton) - A
Very exciting song. This is a great opening service song. This song really brought life to our congregation (remember this is a 9am service!).

2. You're Grace is Enough (Chris Tomlin) -
This song really went well, especially after "I Know who I am". The tempo for both songs were pretty much similar as well as the melody so the flow was great. We try to eliminate down time in between songs we want everything to flow together.

3. Start a Fire - F#
Amazing song. This is a song that we haven't done in a while but it was the perfect one for our Sunday service. Our Pastor spoke about maintaining the Fire and passion of God in our lives and this song really hit it on the dot. The congregation responded greatly to this song. The last 4 weeks have been full of fire and energy (especially in our 9am service.).

4. Freedom Reigns (Jason Upton) - C
Wow! That is all I can say. This song is a very prophetic and really spoke to the congregation. The flow from "Start a Fire" to "Freedom Reigns" was amazing. The song sealed the deal. It was the cherry on top!

5. One way (Hillsong United) - E
Fun, Fun song. I believe it was Fred McKinnon's "Freeplay Friday", where his daughter suggested "One Way". Do it! Do it! Do it! This song is very fun and exciting. We have been singing it for almost 6 months now and it is definitely a crowd getter(or something like that! lol!).

This weekend has been amazing. All the Glory to God. Thanks for taking time to read my Sunday Setlist.
How was your Sunday service? Please leave your comments. Thanks.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Our Sunday Service was great. Our set was:

Forever

Beautiful One

Holy is the Lord (Right into)

Indescribable (After Holy is the Lord trailed off, I started singing in a soft prayer way the chorus then we came into the verse in a very driving way. We ended the same way as we stared)

It was the high point of the worship. I keep an ear out of the monitor so I can hear the people worshipping. It was wonderful and always chokes me up.

Final Song-Angels We Have Heard on High (we change the normal pace of the song to make it easier for the band. It was a bit of struggle for them but they got through. :)

Unknown said...

Awesome setlist Tina! Did you sing "Holy is the Lord" Christ Tomlin version? Indescribable is an awesome maybe one day we will bring that one to our worship set.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the blog comment! Looks like you had a high-energy worship weekend. The song 'One Way' makes me smile. I led worship for a summer camp for 4,5,6th graders for several years. One year there was a camp-wide scavenger hunt the first night, and we (the worship band) were one of the stops. We chose to do a segment of 'One Way' in order to begin teaching it to them as they came in and out of our setting. So for about 3 hours, we did that song over and over, with, of course, very high-energy, jumping around kinds of motions.

It's a great song. But I don't think I've done it since that week. I believe I may have over done it. :)

Anonymous said...

Great set! That song "Freedom Reigns" gets me every time. It's such a powerful song.

Steff said...

We really enjoy "One Way" also. Fun song.

Anonymous said...

Johnny,

Yes I did the Chris Tomlin version. It really went well into Indescribable. Sometimes when I pull music and am playing I hear that the connection between two songs and voila! God makes it work.

Here the funny thing. I had a completely different set picked out based around a video I found on WorshipHouseMedia.com. We were going to show it but decided to use it on the 21 instead. I had planned to use Your grace is Enough and Freedom Reigns which was in your Sunday set. How cool!

Btw, thanks for turning me on to I Know Who I Am. I've been jamming to it all day and will work it into our new music next year. :)

Grace & Peace,

Tina Swinford

Unknown said...

Awesome Tina I am glad that you are enjoying I know who I am, it is definately one of our new fun songs.

Anonymous said...

Fire and energy in the 9 am service -- that's always great to hear!

Yeah, "One Way" is a fun one.

Louise Knight said...

Nice mix of I know who I am and Your Grace is enough. First time I've heard the the Houghton. Lovely stuff.

Post a Comment

As you know, I reserve the right to delete comments posted on my site. However, here are the general rules/guidelines for your viewing pleasure:

- No bad or potentially bad language
- No personal jabs or insults
- No other stuff that I would want to delete


Otherwise, write along my friends!